- Zumba® Basic 1
- Zumba® Basic 2
- Zumba® Gold
- Zumba® in the circuit
- Pound® Rockout Work out
- BA in Contemporary Dance from the University of Calgary
- Certified Pilates instructor
- First Aid and HCP CPR
- Masters of Physiotherapy from the University of Saskatchewan
Performance and Training Highlights
- Has performed and presented contemporary dance pieces throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan
- Traveled to Poland for training in contemporary dance and physical theatre
- Over 15 years experience in teaching and choreography
- Over 30 years of dance training
Elissa’s 3 Favorite Things:
- Zumba® with friends
- A good book with hot chocolate and her dog curled up on her lap
What inspired me to teach?
I have always loved dance and music. As an adult after moving on from dance as a full-time commitment, I found I still craved movement but that I was happier when I was moving to music. The inspiration to teach came from the desire to share the happiness I experienced while working out with Kelly and dancing my way back to fitness.
Why do I teach?
What do I teach?
I mostly teach Zumba® but also teach Pound® from time to time and I have also been known to dabble in teaching some conditioning classes.