- Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association (SPRA) Fitness Instructor: Theory, Group, Aqua, Older Adult, Resistance Training Fitness Certifications
- SPRA Instructor Trainer in Theory, Group Fundamentals, Step and Choreography, Total Body Conditioning, Older Adult Module
- Work for the Saskatchewan Health Authority as a Senior Recreation Therapist for the Forever in Motion and Staying on Your Feet program.
- Degree in Recreation Studies from the University of Manitoba as well as a minor in Kinesiology and an Option in Aging.
- Body Training Systems (MOSSA): Group Step and Group Power
- First Aid and CPR C
- Namaskar Yoga: Teaching Basic Asanas
- Pre/Postnatal Certification
- Qualified TRX® Trainer
- Beach body: Country Heat & PiYo® Live
- Urban Poling Master Trainer
- Falls Curriculum training 2011
Performance and Training Highlights
- Awarded SPRA Fitness Leader of the Year award in 2012
- Awarded the SARP Award of Merit in 2017
- Saskfit presenter 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 presenting Urban Poling, Older Adult fitness, Brain Health, Functional Fitness etc.
- Presenter at Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association conference 2018
- Committee member of Sask Fit 2010
- Committee member and presenter at Bust a Move 2015, 2016
Kimberly's Three Favourite Things:
- My two amazing boys and my hubby
- Living on an acreage
- Sharing my passion for fitness with others
What inspired me to teach?
I was in a severe car accident when I was 16. Due to trauma and scoliosis of my spine I was told that I may have to live in a wheel chair. My Mom, who is also a fitness instructor, encouraged me to go to rehab, to be active and later to become a fitness instructor to maintain my mobility; and I have never looked back. I feel being physically active can help us all with so many mental and physical issues we experience and help us live a happier, healthier life.
Why do I teach?
I teach because love helping people to be active and to be the best versions of themselves. Physical activity helps us to have more energy, to play with children and grandchildren, with many of our activities of daily living, and to meet other wonderful amazing people!
What do I teach?
Step, Box, Yoga, PiYo, Muscle Strength of any kind (bootcamps, circuits etc), County Heat, and Aquacise.
I love helping my boys put Lego together.