- Music Together® Mixed Ages
- CELTA Certified ESL Teacher
- Canadian Opera Company Ensemble Studio
- Ravinia Steans Institute Soprano Fellowship
- Chautauqua Institute Soprano Fellowship
- Tanglewood Music Center Soprano Fellowship
- University of Toronto Opera Diploma
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Arts in Vocal Performance
Performance and Training Highlights
- Various roles in various Operas in Canada, USA & Europe
- Nominated by the Canadian Opera Company to compete in the Stella Maris Vocal Competition
- 2nd Place in the Christina & Louis Quilico Awards
- Awards from the New York District Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions, the Sullivan Foundation & Jeunes Ambassadeurs Lyriques
- 1st Prize in Voice at the FCMF National Music Festival
Ileana's 3 Favorite Things:
Spending time with family
- Meeting new people
What inspired me to teach?
I come from a family of educators. My parents, brother, aunts, uncles and cousins are all educators in some capacity. It is embedded in our family and seeing the contribution teachers make to our society in bringing up our next generation inspired me to teach and make a contribution of my own.
Why do I teach?
This quote encapsulates why I teach:
I would teach children
music, physics, and
philosophy; but most
importantly music, for
the patterns in music
and all the arts are the
keys to learning.
What do I teach?
I am mom to Gabriel & Sabrin who have both taken Music Together since they were born. I was a professional opera singer who performed around the world. I am a reality TV junkie!