- Music Together®
- Acrobatic Arts Certified
- Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association Fitness Theory and Group Fitness
- Jessie Mundell- Postnatal Fitness Specialist
- Royal Academy of Dance Advanced II Ballet Examination Certificate
- Canadian Dance Teachers’ Association Advanced Tap Examination Certificate (High Honours)
- Royal Conservatory of Music Grade 10 Piano (First Class Honours)
- Royal Conservatory of Music Grade 8 Flute (First Class Honours)
- First Aid and CPR
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English with a Minor in History – University of Saskatchewan
Performance and Training Highlights
- Experience choreographing with Persephone Theatre, Cornerstone Theatre, Saskatoon Summer Players
- Performer at WE Day Saskatoon
- Company member and guest choreographer for Abiding Lines Dance Company
- Performed as Beth in Little Women and as Lucy in You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown with Saskatoon Summer Players
- 7 years experience teaching dance (La Danse School of Dance Arts, Davidson Dance Club)
- 11 years singing with the Saskatoon Children’s Choir, including 6 years of touring to Hong Kong, China, Austria, Czech Republic, and across Canada
Heather’s 3 Favorite Things:
- Dance and music!
- Reading old books
- Travelling with friends and family
What inspired me to teach?
I wanted to be able to find a way to keep moving and dancing even after finishing training at the dance studio. Becoming a fitness and music instructor was a way I could keep in touch with those passions.
Why do I teach?
I teach because it allows me to stay in shape and continue doing what I love. It also feels amazing to see how what we teach creates a positive impact on someone else’s life.
What do I teach?
I teach Music Together®, Move with Me, Work Out with Me, and Dance Fitness, although you can sometimes see me subbing other classes at the studio.
I hate oranges and I feel awkward every time someone finds out because that’s apparently a weird thing to hate.