- Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association: Theory, Group land fitness, Older adult, Aquatics, and Pre/Postnatal
- YMCA: Group choreogrpahy, Group strength, Individual conditioning, Group cycle, and Group aquatics
- Canfitpro PTS – personal training specialist
- 200 hour Yoga Instructor (Pre/Postnatal and Older Adult)
- Forever … in Motion
- Zumba®: Basics 1 & 2, Toning, Gold, Gold Toning, Aqua, Sentao, Kids & Kids Jr., Step, Core, Glutes, and Burst
- TRX® certification
- Pound® Rockout Workout
- First Aid & CPR C
- Bachelor of Sports and Recreation Studies: Therapeutic Recreation major, Kinesiology minor, Psychology minor – University of Regina
Performance and Training Highlights
- Presenter on the benefits of physical activity at the Symposium of Learning for Older Adults
- Presenter on adaptive physical activity for the SK Brain Injury Association
- Developed adaptive physical activity programming for SARBI (Saskatchewan Association for the Rehabilitation of the Brain Injured)
- Volunteer instructor for Zumbathon for a Cure
- Developed an adaptive physical activity program in collaboration with YMCA of Regina and Sask Abilities
- Presenter for the YMCA of Regina fitness instructor annual re-certification
- Planning Committee Chairperson for the 2015 SaskFit Conference
- Performer Liaison for the first annual Saskatchewan Salsa & Bachata Congress
- Previous performer with Danza Morena Latin Dance Academy ladies dance team
- Over 30 years of dance experience
Crystal's 3 Favorite Things:
1. Her daughter and husband
2. Getting a coffee and walking threw a book store
3. Going for a walk alone, with a friend or a family member
What inspired me to teach?
I have danced since I was 5 years old. When I hear music, my body automatically wants to move, and when I discovered Zumba fitness over 9 years ago my joy of dance mixed with my interest in the health industry moved me to obtain my Zumba license. Since then I continued my journey by building my education through certifications and then obtaining my bachelor’s degree. My own personal journey with health, and seeing the outcomes of those I connect with, continues to inspire me daily to continue learning and teaching.
Why do I teach?
Whether I am working with a group or with an individual, I love connecting with people. I love seeing how participants and clients grow and develop through movement. I love seeing how movement can help people mentally and physically. I love supporting individuals through movement, and making movement accessible to everyone.
What do I teach?
You’ll see Crystal teaching Zumba, Toning, Conditioning, Pound, Older adult classes, Move with Me, Workout w Me, and Yoga and Stretch classes
I use music as a medium in creating my fitness classes. I also LOVE to use buttercream as a medium as a form of creating in baking cakes, cupcakes, and cakepops! Ask Kelly, we all know she loves a good cupcake 😉